in relation to your personal information.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we collect your data in the UK or EU, we are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, which applies across the European Union (including in the UK) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
under registration number ABN 92 164 214. Our registered office is located at 420 King William Street, Adelaide, Australia 5000 and our principle place of business is 110 Watson Avenue, Toorak Gardens, South Australia 5065.
Personal information we collect about you
We may collect and use the following personal information about you:
- your full name
- your email and phone number
- your postcode
- information about your appointment, including what orthodontic services you have requested
- Information about how you found our website
- information about how your use our website
- information about the device and programmes you are using to use our website such as your browser and operating system
This personal information is required to provide services to you. If you do not provide personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing services to you.
How your personal information is collected
We collect personal information directly from you, when you fill in any forms on the site including the 'Join TIO' form, when you opt to download one of our guide, or one of the other forms on our website.
We may also collect personal information from cookies on our website (more information is set out in section 9 below) and from our IT systems (such as appointment logs, automated monitoring of our websites, instant messaging systems).
How and why we use your personal information
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, e.g.:
- for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract (such as contacting you about joining TIO);
- to comply with our legal and/or regulatory obligations;
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
- where you have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share personal information with:
- third parties we use to help deliver our services, e.g. our client relationship management (or CRM) system provider, who stores data collected from this website on our behalf and helps us co-ordinate and send marketing communications;
- our professional services advisers (such as lawyers, accountants and auditors)
- Sendgrid: this is the system we use to send email notifications from our website, which is needed to ensure that email notifications get to delivered to their intended destination and minimize the chance of them being blocked by spam filters. This includes sending you email confirmations where required or requested; for example, if you have requested to download a guide, we will then send you an email containing the guide, or a link to view the guide. SendGrid does not store the content of the emails, but information such as your email address, and time the email was sent, which is required for it perform its functions.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to
ensure they can only use your personal information to provide services to us and to you.
We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also need to share some personal information with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a re-structuring. Usually, information will be anonymised but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary:
- to respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf
- to show that we treated you fairly
- as required by law.
Generally, we retain personal information for up to two years after the date we last hear from you.
We will not retain personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal information, we will delete or anonymise it.
Please note that different retention periods apply to different rimes of personal information held. Further details on this are available on request.
- recognise you whenever you visit our website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
The table below provides some information on the cookies which we use on our website:
|Cookie Name||What it does||Why is it used||How long it lasts|
|ci_session||This may save session id, user ip, browser and operating system information, last activity. Some information like session id and last activity may be saved in hash.||Codeigniter is PHP based framework. it is an open source framework for publishing content on the World Wide Web and intranets.||This cookie expires in 2 hours.|
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz,_ga, LSID, LSID, LSOSID, GALX, GoogleAccountLocale_session||Google Analytics: A random unique number or string of letters and numbers to identify your browser, the times and dates that you interacted with the site recently and the marketing materials or referring pages that led you to the site.||Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to help us see how our website is used. In doing so information about your use of our website, including your IP address, may be transmitted to Google and stored on servers in the United States. The data collected by Google Analytics is used to analyse how frequently the same people revisit the website, how the website is found (from advertising or referring websites), and which pages are most frequently viewed. This information is combined with data from thousands of other users to create an overall picture of website use, and is never identified individually or personally and is not linked to any other information we store about you.||The longest lasting cookie expires 2 years after your last visit to the website. Others are deleted 6 months, 30 minutes and the moment you close your browser.|
|landing||Bugherd: BugHerd uses a 3rd party cookie to remember your login so that the sidebar will show on your site for all the invited users. It's possible that cookies have been deleted, or that you are using a different browser or different computer from when you last logged into BugHerd.||bugherd is a bug tracker for web designers and developers. it embeds in the website you’re building and allows technical and nontechnical people to collaborate on the website as it’s being built.||these cookies will generally be sessional cookies, and are not retained on your system once you close your browser.|
|LOGIN_INFO, demographics, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Youtube: Various unique identifiers, as well as login information that may relate to a Google account.||Google set a number of cookies on any page that includes a Youtube video. While we have no control over the cookies set by Google, they appear to include a mixture of pieces of information to measure the number and behaviour of Youtube users, including information that links your visits to our website with your Google account if you are signed in to one. Information about your use of our website, including your IP address, may be transmitted to Google and stored on servers in the United States.This cookie does not identify you personally unless you are logged into Google, in which case it is linked to your Google account.||Most of the cookies expire 10 years after your last visit to a page containing a Youtube video, although some expire sooner.|
|GAPS, NID, PREF,SNID, GoogleAccountsLocale_session||Google Calendar: Various unique identifiers, except for PREF which stores your options such as preferred zoom level.||Google set a number of cookies on any page that includes a Google Calendar. While we have no control over the cookies set by Google, they appear to include a mixture of pieces of information to measure the number and behaviour of Google Calendar users, as well as information about which calendar you are viewing, and which tab you are currently on.||The longest lasting cookie expires 2 years after your last visit to the website.|
|khcookie, APISID,S_awfe, SSID, SS, SID, SAPISID, PREF||Google Map: Various unique identifiers, except for PREF which stores your options such as preferred zoom level.||Google set a number of cookies on any page that includes a Google Map. While we have no control over the cookies set by Google, they appear to include a mixture of pieces of information to measure the number and behaviour of Google Maps users.||Most of the cookies expire 10 years after your last visit to a page containing a Google Map. Except for SS which will expired after 10 years.|
|HSID, NID, PREF, SAPISID, SID, SSID, S, S_adsense, BEAT, ULS, OTZ||Google Plus: Google plus cookies which allow sharing of a page on Google plus account.||Google+ is a social networking and identity service owned and operated by Google Inc.||The longest lasting cookie expires 2 years after your last visit to the website.|
|act, c_user, csm, dart, fr, lu, p, pl, presence, s, sub, xs, datr||Facebook: Facebook cookies which allow sharing of a page on Facebook.||Facebook is an online social networking service.||The longest lasting cookie expires 2 years after your last visit to the website.|
|SnapABugRef, SnapABugHistory, SnapABugVisit,SnapABugNoProactiveChat,SnapABugChatSession, SnapABugChatPoll, SnapABugChatMessage, SnapABugChatView, SnapABugUserEmail, SnapABugBanned, SnapABugChatWindow, SnapABugMinimizeStashCookie, SnapABugAgentAvatar||Tracking of origin and site entry, tracking of chat in progress,
tracking of chat in progress,
message type by visitor persistence across pages,
check logic handling, keep track of the visitor visits and last chats to present history to agent, detection of new session, visitor email address used to prepopulate the pre-chat window, tracking of visitor banned for chatting (banned by agent ban command), tracking of the chat box position and minimize status, detection of new messages while minimized so they persist during navigation, we are using this cookie to store the agent image URL for showing the agent avatar on the minimize state of the chat.
The only personal information about the visitor stored in a cookie is the email address they provided. This information is scrambled (not readable in plain text)
|SnapEngage is a live chat software that is designed to empower your sales and support teams with features like team chats, reporting, monitoring, user roles, transfers, and priority tiers.||Minimum duration of the cookies are 0 mins and maximum is 1 year.|
|_clientIdTracked||Used to track last visited pages, source i.e. from where user landed, medium if any, content if any, keywords/terms that user entered in search engine to find us, campaign tracking i.e. if user is visiting from on going campaign, client id is generated as random numbers to identity user as unique.||We have developed this cookie to understand how you arrived at the site to help provide a better experience and offer our continued services to you.||The longest lasting cookie expires 2 years.|
Your Privacy Rights
Data protection laws give you a number of rights as set out below. If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us in writing.
- Access: you may request access to a copy of your personal information.
- Withdraw Consent: where our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Rectification: you may ask us to rectify any inaccurate information we hold about you.
- Erasure: you may ask us to delete the personal information we hold about you, where there is no reason for us to continue to hold your information.
- Portability: you may ask us to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format, or you can ask us to send your information in this format to another controller.
- Object: you may object to our processing of your personal information.
- Restriction: you can ask us to restrict the personal information we use about you where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to our use of it.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed unlawfully. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to access it.
Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
This privacy notice was last updated on March 21 2019
We may change this privacy notice from time to time—when we make any significant changes we will inform you via an announcement on our website.
We have the results to prove it
On average, TIO Members
Treat more than
per year. with 1 in 4 treating
Over 300 per year
Experience growth in
or more in the first
1 in 3
of all invisalign cases in Australia
1 in 5
of orthodontist cases in the UK
aligner cases per year